Two men suspected in a number of robberies in the area have been arrested.
Through a combined effort of the LaPorte County Sheriff, St. Joseph County Sheriff, and South Bend Police Department, 28 year-old Timothy Bennitt and 32 year-old Nathan Kellogg have been taken into custody.
Bennitt faces six felony counts, Kellogg faces three. Both are accused in the robberies of the Blacksmith Restaurant in Rolling Prairie on January 14th, the Taco Bell on East Ireland Road two days earlier, and an Admiral gas station also on the 12th.
The crimes that the pair have been linked to are listed below.
1. Vehicle theft in South Bend, Indiana
2. Two residential burglaries on CR 800 N in La Porte County, Indiana
3. Business burglary at Jenny Rae’s restaurant in La Porte County, Indiana
4. Armed robbery of Burger King in La Porte, Indiana
5. Armed robbery of Blacksmith Shop restaurant in Rolling Prairie, Indiana
6. Armed robbery of Admiral Gas Station in St. Joseph County, Indiana
7. Armed robbery of Taco Bell in South Bend, Indiana
8. Armed robbery of Jet’s Pizza in Mishawaka, Indiana
9. Theft at Kohl’s store in Mishawaka, Indiana
10. Theft at Dick’s Sporting Goods store in Mishawaka, Indiana
You can see what charges the pair are facing below.
— Jess Arnold ABC57 (@jessarnoldABC57) February 2, 2017
The press conference is below.