LocalMichiganNews

Lawsuit filed against Niles hotel in carbon monoxide case

(Photo supplied/ABC 57)

The hotel where guests were poisoned by carbon monoxide on April Fool’s Day is being sued on behalf of six guests, including a teenage boy who died.

Michigan-based Johnson Law PLC filed the lawsuit on behalf of the six guests at the Quality Inn and Hotel in Niles, according to ABC 57.

One of the six individuals the suit is filed on behalf of is 13-year-old Bryan Douglas-Watts, who later died at a local hospital of carbon monoxide after swimming in the pool. Five others, all between the ages of 10 and 14 were found unconscious at the pool on April 1.

Niles firefighters reported carbon monoxide levels at 800 parts per million, 16 times higher than the acceptable level of 50 parts per million. At the time, some other areas of the hotel showed elevated carbon monoxide levels, but not as high as the pool area.

Related posts

Trump survives assassination attempt at rally, attendee and gunman killed

Tommie Lee

Political world reacts to assassination attempt of former President Donald Trump

Jon Zimney

South Bend to add new apartment building across from Four Winds Field

95.3 MNC

Leave a Comment