A reported burglary in progress in Syracuse led to the arrests of five locals.
Officers arrived to the 400 block of EMS D15 Lane around 8 a.m. Thursday to discover the incident was not a residential burglary, but was a person trying to recover property.
Deputies determined several people present were wanted on warrants both locally and from other jurisdictions. Drugs and paraphernalia were also found inside the house– including methamphetamine, heroin, needles, smoking devices for narcotics, and scales.
Authorities also got information that led them to recover a stolen vehicle and the person they believe is responsible for the auto theft.
After the investigation, the following were booked into the Kosciusko County Jail:
- 65-year-old Michael Gross of Syracuse for maintaining a common nuisance, possession of Meth, and possession of Heroin.
- 29-year-old Hayle Doty of Milford for visiting a common nuisance and a Marshall County warrant for dealing Heroin.
- 52-year-old Twila Zentz of Syracuse on a warrant for theft.
- 32-year-old James Roder of Claypool for visiting a common nuisance and a body attachment warrant.
- 34-year-old Aaron Marshall of Warsaw for auto theft.