Creative writers, young and old, are invited to participate in the Nappanee Public Library Centennial Creative Writing Contest.
The contest is open to people within the WaNee school district and is divided into three age groups, all with their own prompt.
- Kids Contest: “When I am 100, I will…” | Ages 5-12 | $100 Prize
- Write a poem or short story about what life will be like when you are 100. Write about what you might look like, how you might act, and what you might do when you’re 100 years old.
- Teen Contest: “In 100 years, the world will…” | Ages 13-17 | $150 Prize
- Write a poem, short story, or essay about what the world will be like in 2121. What will it be like to go to school? What will the Earth be like? Will we still have social media?
- Adult Contest: 100 Word Challenge | Ages 18+ | $200 Prize
- Write a very short piece of prose, poetry, anything else… but it has to be 100 words or fewer. The piece can be about anything you like, but be creative!
Entries will be accepted between April 1 and 22 and can be mailed to the library, dropped off or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A submission form, available online or at the library, is required.
Winners will be notified May 1.