IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market

Residents of Elkhart County can submit variance requests for events

(Photo supplied/Elkhart County Indiana)

Elkhart County has a new permit process to seek exceptions to the noise control ordinance.

An amendment to the ordinance was approved by county commissioners, allowing residents to formally requests a variance.

The Elkhart Truth reports that the board has been receiving a lot of requests for fireworks and concerts. In addition to a needed process to handle the exceptions and communication better with the sheriff’s office.

Penalties to the noise ordinance range from $250 for a first offense to $2,500 for repeat violators.

Starting in November, the variance request form must be submitted to the county administrator at least 10 days before the event.

Related posts

Elkhart police say credit card skimmers are back on the rise

Tom Franklin

Recent survey suggests more Americans plan on RV-ing in 2022 than ever before

Josh Williams

Possible case of stranger danger under investigation in Elkhart

Jon Zimney

1 comment

Charles U Farley October 20, 2021 at 2:19 pm

I’m glad we live in a free country, just don’t forget to ask permission before you do anything.


Leave a Comment