IndianaLocalNews

Clay Fire crews warn about unattended candles after house fire in Granger

(Photo supplied/Clay Fire Territory)

Clay firefighters are reminding homeowners not to leave candles unattended. This, after crews were called to a house fire in Granger.

The blaze was discovered around 4:15 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 20, at a home in the 10100 block of Autumn Leaves Court in Harris Township.

Fire crews arrived to find a fire that occurred in a bedroom that was mainly extinguished by the homeowner.

The crew checked for and extinguished a few hot spots along with removing any smoke from the residence.

The home had working smoke alarms and occupants got out without any injuries.

Fire officials say a small flame like a candle can turn into a major fire in less than 30 seconds.

Related posts

Man sentenced for role in 2020 crash that claimed two teen lives

Alyssa Foster

Delphi murders suspect wants prison statements suppressed

Network Indiana

Markus Burton chooses to enter NBA draft

Network Indiana

Leave a Comment