IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market

Darden Elementary evacuated due to gas smell

(Photo supplied/Clay Fire Territory)

Monday morning , students were evacuated from Darden Elementary after a small gas leak was detected.

A letter sent home from the school notified parents that a fire drill was conducted around 8:45 am due to the smell of gas in the building.

Students and staff went first to the nearby soccer fields, and then to Clay High School while Clay Fire investigated. That’s the standard protocol for evacuations at Darden, and parents were able to pick their children up early at the High School.

Lunch was provided at the high school for Darden students.

Related posts

Indiana SAT scores decline for second straight year

Network Indiana

Indiana State Police K9 Daisy gifted bullet and stab protective vest

Jon Zimney

Local News podcast for Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Jon Zimney

Leave a Comment