IndianaLocalNews

Jury trial rescheduled for Elkhart man accused of burglary

Elkhart Police // Alyssa Foster

A man accused of burglary had his jury trial continued during Circuit Court proceedings.

Parada Quintanilla from Elkhart is accused in a burglary that happened at Smokes++ in the Market Centre plaza in Goshen. It happened in January when police responded to a call for an alarm going off and arrived to see the front door’s glass had been shattered.

An individual was seen bending over the back side of the sales counter, so the responding officer called for backup.

The Goshen News says Quintanilla allegedly told police he had broken into the business because he wanted to get deported. Officers located a backpack full of almost $3,500 in store products as well as a baseball bat on the floor.

Quintanilla’s jury trial has been rescheduled for December 2.

Related posts

Charges Filed in Shooting of LaPorte County Deputy

Jon Zimney

Simple assault found to be most common crime in Indiana

Alyssa Foster

Yakym Introduces Evidence-Based Youth Suicide Prevention Act

Alyssa Foster

Leave a Comment