More construction projects are in the works for St. Joseph County roads.
This week, roadwork is being completed on the following roads:
- Roosevelt Road from Fern Road to Elm Road
- Fir Road from Kern Road to Jackson Road
- Ireland Road from Clover Road to Capital Avenue
- Evergreen Road from cul-de-sac to S.R. 23
- Chestnut Road from Brick Road to S.R. 23
Roadwork including milling, removing trees, replacing concrete curb ramps, asphalt paving and pavement markings will be completed on 13 different roads beginning July 13, according to a news release from the Department of Public Works. All construction should be complete by Oct. 2.
Detours will be posted.
The roadwork will be done on the following roads (scroll for a map):
- Belkay Drive from Portage Road to End
- Tulip Road from Edison Road to U.S. 20
- Dunn Road from Timothy Road to Wintergreen Road
- Peach Road from Grant Road to S.R. 2
- Pecan Road from Crumstown Highway to Harrison Road
- Mayflower Road from Roosevelt Road to Kern Road
- Peach Trail from Peach Road to S.R. 23
- Currant Road from Jefferson Road to McKinley Highway
- Poppy Road from U.S. 20 to Old Cleveland Road
- Madison Road from Oak Road to Mulberry Road
- Ironwood Road from Toll Road Bridge to Thrasher Lane
- Clover Road from Adams Road to the State Line
- Jackson Road from Ironwood Road to S.R. 331