Stacy Proctor has sacrificed a lot to take care of two boys and still manages to find time for her seven grandchildren. Listener Kylee Jones nominated Stacy. Here’s what she wrote about her:
She is amazing. In 2008 she took in a very sick little boy. He stayed four months at Riley Children Hospital and she never once left his side. The little boy has Cerebral Palsy. He does walk, talk and sit up, but he’s blind and has breathing problems. Stacy loads him and his wheelchair up to get him to every doctor appointment, including those that are over three hours away, to keep him alive. In 2009, she took in another boy who had been abused. She takes care of both boys alone on one small monthly income. She also has seven grandkids on top of that. She spends time with each of them and helps them with school work to make sure each one knows they are important to her. Her life is dedicated to these kids she loves very much.
Thank you for being so giving to children who need it, Stacye. Congratulations on being named our eighth Hometown Hero!
- RELATED: Bob Middlebrook was named our first Hometown Hero
- RELATED: Amanda Irons was named our second Hometown Hero
- RELATED: Jackie Lakey was named our third Hometown Hero
- RELATED: Mark Maike was named our fourth Hometown Hero
- RELATED: David Van Dyke was named our fifth Hometown Hero
- RELATED: Louis Beehler was named our sixth Hometown Hero
- RELATED: Ondrace Malone was named our seventh Hometown Hero