How to donate uneaten Halloween candy for ‘Treats for Troops’

LANSING, Mich. — Homeowners with leftover Halloween candy and children who obtain excessive amounts of treats can donate them to the troops at Sen. John Proos’ district office, the senator announced on Friday, Oct. 30.

“Treats for Troops is another way for Southwest Michigan families to show our troops serving overseas that we support them,” said Proos R-St. Joseph. “I encourage parents and children to include personal notes to the troops along with their sweet donations.”               

From Friday, Oct. 30 through Nov. 6, Proos will have a “Treats for Troops” drop box outside of his district office located at 216 Court St. in St. Joseph, Mich.

The Halloween candy must be individually wrapped. Residents are asked to separate chocolate and non-chocolate candy.

“Our troops make tremendous sacrifices to defend our freedoms and way of life,” Proos said. “One way that we can show our appreciation of their service is to send them notes of encouragement and a reminder of home.”

Related posts

Marquette approves of partnerships in tax dispute

95.3 MNC

Snyder signs bill to avert potential $1.1B loss

95.3 MNC

Man linked to bloody mattress charged with murder

95.3 MNC