A fire near downtown Elkhart sent three to the hospital Thursday morning, including a baby.
The fire started at about 3:30 a.m. Thursday at a home on South Third Street. The fire took over an hour to put out, partly due to power lines being in the way.
ABC 57’s Julia Palazzo is reporting the house may be a total loss after significant damage was done. In fact, the fire reportedly started in the garage, then spread to the house.
Two adults and a baby had to make a leap from the house to safety. They’re being treated for smoke inhalation. Firefighters told ABC 57 the father jumped out first, then caught the baby that was tossed by the mother, then the mother jumped to escape the blaze.
— Julia Palazzo ABC 57 (@JuliaPalazzoTV) June 22, 2017