Couple rescued from burning South Bend home

0
497

Firefighters rescued two people from a blaze at their home on South Bend’s west side Wednesday morning.

A man ran to a fire station near the 2200 block of Smith Street early Tuesday night and told firefighters his house was on fire. He then ran back in the home, forcing firefighters to pull him out.

He then told crews his wife was inside. Firefighters found her unconscious in a second floor bathroom. The couple was taken to a Fort Wayne burn unit for treatment.

Investigators say the blaze began on the second floor. No word, yet, on the cause.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here