Student scores on Indiana’s ISTEP standardized exams remained steady from last year after pass rates tumbled two years ago following an overhaul of the test…
Figures just released show just over 51-percent of students in grades three through eight passed both the English and math sections from the exam given last spring. That’s unchanged from last year’s tests, but down two points from the 2015 exams.
About 65-percent of students passed the English section, while nearly 60-percent had passing math scores. Both pass rates were down slightly from last year.
Indiana students are to be taking the ISTEP exam for the final time next spring as the state is switching to a new test named I-LEARN for the 2019 exams. Details on the new test are still being worked out.
Here’s how area schools fared in passing both the math and English portions of the test:
- South Bend Community Schools – 25.5%
- School City of Mishawaka – 40.2%
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corp. – 70.8%
- Elkhart Community Schools – 36.1%
- Goshen Community Schools – 41.6%
- Concord Community Schools – 47.8%
- Baugo Community Schools – 50.9%
- Middlebury Community Schools – 54.8%
- Wa-Nee Community Schools – 63.9%
For the complete results, click here.