Five people have been arrested after search warrants conducted on four homes in South Bend turned up evidence of possible drug trafficking. The warrants, which were served on Friday, July 13, resulted in investigators seizing more than 100 grams of Fentanyl and more $32,000 in cash, as well as other drugs, firearms and ammo.
The St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office released the following information about the search warrants and arrests on Friday, July 13:
Today the St. Joseph County Drug Investigations Unit (DIU), in conjunction with the assistance of several law enforcement agencies, executed 4 search warrants and arrested 5 individuals in connection with an ongoing investigation into an alleged drug trafficking ring. In the process, DIU investigators seized over 100 grams of Fentanyl and over $32,000 in cash, as well as other drugs, firearms, and ammunition.
The agencies who participated in the execution of these warrants are: the South Bend Police Department; South Bend Police Department SWAT Team; Mishawaka Police Department; the St. Joseph County Police Department; the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration; and the St. Joseph County Metro SWAT Unit.
Search warrants were executed this morning at the following addresses:
• 726 S. Liberty, South Bend
• 314 S. Illinois, South Bend
• 114 N. Illinois, South Bend
• 2001 Lincolnway West, South Bend
As a result of the search warrants, investigators recovered:
• 7 Firearms, including 6 handguns and 1 rifle
• Over 100 grams of Fentanyl
• Over $32,000 cash
• Cocaine; Heroin; Methamphetamine; and Marijuana
The following individuals were arrested:
• Richard Lamont Howard, Jr., 24, of Chicago, Illinois
• Jaronna Jermanae Groves, 21, of South Bend
• Kenshon Wright, 23, of South Bend
• Rashee Santana Herron, a.k.a. Joelic Heron, 26, of South Bend
• Damone McFerren, 22, of South Bend
Each faces dealing in a narcotic drug charges.