IndianaNews

Indiana man accused of posting Trump threats pleads guilty

HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) — A northwestern Indiana man has pleaded guilty to making threats against President Donald Trump on Facebook.

The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports 20-year-Steffon Gonzalez entered the plea Tuesday with hopes that he’ll get a more lenient sentence. Federal authorities have said Gonzalez posted on March 28 that he was “standing outside the president’s location with a bullet ‘chambered’ to ‘blow his head off.'”

Trump had a rally that day in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Gonzalez lived in Hobart. He told the court that he made the threats from home while watching the rally live.

Sentencing is expected in October. He was previously charged in Lake Superior Court with intimidation, but that charge was since dismissed.

Related posts

City announces additional paving for high traffic streets

95.3 MNC

Cornerstone Alliance launches planning process to guide development along waterfront

95.3 MNC

Indiana’s housing market continues to grow

Alyssa Foster

1 comment

H August 2, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Just another unhinged liberal. Yet we Republicans are the bad ones. Its funny how gun violence tends to follow democrats whether its in their citys or them personally.

Reply

Leave a Comment