Do you need to get tested for COVID-19?
Incident Command has released a list of area testing sites, though keep in mind you must be issued a doctor’s order to receive a test.
The locations for testing are as follows:
- Goshen Urgent Care on US 33
- Goshen Health Emergency Room (ER) tent outside the door
- Beacon’s Elkhart General Hospital tent off of Arcade Ave.
- St. Joseph Physician Network People’s Clinic will begin testing on 4/13 for patients who are part of Select Health Network off of County Road 17
- South Bend Clinic at Healthy Beginnings 1400 Hudson St. (preregistration at 574/307-6870)
- Heart City Health, testing at all three locations you may obtain doctor’s order onsite
According to House Bill 6074, testing is free to everyone. If you have insurance, your insurance will be billed but you will not receive a bill for any balance. If you are uninsured, you will not be charged.
The best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including COVID-19, is to do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing (no group functions such as book clubs, meetings, and/or congregations of 10 or more)
- Stay home unless you need to go somewhere essential.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.