Notre Dame decides not to host the scheduled presidential debate in September

5
322
By Eccekevin (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0], via Wikimedia Commons

The University of Notre Dame has announced that they will not be hosting the scheduled Presidential Debate planned for September.

University President The Reverend John Jenkins made the announcement Monday afternoon. Notre Dame had been scheduled to host the first of the 2020 presidential debates on September 29.

Jenkins said he made the difficult decision after consulting with Dr. Mark Fox, the St. Joseph County Deputy Health Officer, and with the unanimous support of the Executive Committee of the school’s Board of Trustees.

Notre Dame has hosted six presidents at commencement ceremonies through the years, but this would have been the University’s first presidential debate.

 

5 COMMENTS

  1. What, the board all liberal Democrats? I find it extremely funny that if an event brings in money or pushes an agenda, people are told wear face covering and distance yourself. Great way to stop the flow of ideas.

    • A very good decision considering everything going on. No need for unnecessary exposure politics wise and pandemic wise.

      • The debate was scheduled for Sept 29. They are opening the campus back up to students on August 10.

        Am I to assume they don’t care about the safety of the students who will be there a month and a half earlier?

        • They don’t care about those students. They do care about protecting Biden from Trump. Look for the other 2 debates to be “cancelled” also, for “reasons”.

  2. Ha HA if Notre Dame thought Biden could beat Trump oh boy they would be right on with the debate. They know they don’t have a snow ball’s chance in hell of winning in November so the cry baby liberals won’t let CrazyJoe make an even bigger fool of himself by debating our President. Too bad it would have been soooooo funny to watch.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here