IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market

Toddler recovering after swallowing 19 magnetic balls

Two South Bend parents are getting the word about a safety issue regarding a stress relief toy their son got ahold of.

WNDU reports that’s Daniel and Kymberlee Diaz’s 17-month-old son became lethargic, did not want to play, and was in a lot of discomfort.

The family brought him to the hospital where doctors discovered magnets in the toddler’s intestines.

According to WNDU, the magnetic balls came from a “stress relieving toy” for kids.

The family was then flown down to Riley Hospital for Children where their son had emergency surgery.

WNDU reports the boy is doing much better and still recovering in Indianapolis with his family.

This story was originally reported by WNDU and can be found here.

Related posts

Retired Soputh Bend police officer joining race against US Rep. Walorski

95.3 MNC

UPDATE: SBPD say missing man has been found

Tommie Lee

Indiana judge faces disciplinary charges over drink driving

Associated Press

Leave a Comment