Indiana

Valparaiso University hoax hostage call suspect no longer faces charges

VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP) — An Indiana prosecutor has dropped charges against a Valparaiso University student who previously was accused of calling police and saying he had taken hostages in the school library, leading to a campus lockdown.

Porter County Prosecutor Brian Gensel told The (Munster) Times that while initial information pointed to 21-year-old Michael Clemens, further investigation “led to the determination that Clemens should not face intimidation charges at this time.”

Gensel says the hoax call, which occurred on April 21, remains under investigation and he can’t provide any further information.

Clemens’ attorney, Gary Germann, said his client is back at Valparaiso University.

Clemens had been charged with felony counts of intimidation and false reporting, and not guilty pleas were entered on his behalf. Prosecutors retained the right to refile the charges.

Related posts

President Trump to award former Notre Dame Football Coach Lou Holtz with the Medal of Freedom

Network Indiana

Groups allege Indiana pharmacy board conflict

95.3 MNC

Major winter storm possible in Michiana at midweek

Jon Zimney