Fallen tree causes gas leak at South Bend home

0
172
(Photo supplied/ABC 57)

A fallen tree caused a gas leak in a home in South Bend Wednesday night.

The tree was struck by lightning in the front yard of a home in the 54000 block of 29th Street Wednesday night.

ABC 57 reports it knocked the tree over, throwing dirt 20 yards away, and tearing through the front yard, hitting underground pipes. That caused a gas leak while also shutting off the power to the home, which prevented further damage.

The Clay Fire Department were called out shortly before 9 p.m. by the residents, who were concerned that their house had been struck by lightning. No one was injured.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here