Warsaw Police say they’ve detained a man accused of robbing the CVS on Detroit Street in downtown Warsaw Thursday night.
According to a press release, 27-year-old Jesse Combs of Mentone allegedly pointed a handgun at the pharmacist and demanded opiates. The pharmacist gave the suspect a bin of Hydrocodone pills.
A Warsaw Police officer located Combs walking near Center and Zoe Streets, about five blocks from the CVS, and was able to identify him based on the pharmacist’s description.
When Combs was taken into custody, police found a loaded handgun and multiple unopened Hydrocodone bottles from CVS in his possession. The pills were valued at over $1,000.
Jesse Combs was transported to the Kosciusko County Jail and booked on the following charges:
• Robbery with a deadly weapon, a level 3 felony;
• Possession of a narcotic over 28 grams, a level 3 felony;
• Intimidation with a deadly weapon, a level 5 felony;
• Theft $750-$50,000, a level 6 felony;
• Carrying a handgun without a license, a class A misdemeanor.
Police say he is being held with no bond on a Prosecutor’s hold pending further investigation.