The St. Joseph County Department of Health has made a series of recommendations to try to slow the current spread of COVID-19. The recommendations all center on the idea of hunkering down, once again, and avoiding social gatherings large or small.
The St. Joseph County Department of Health with support from St. Joseph County Unified Command, recommends the following:
• Avoid social gatherings and assemblies outside your immediate family/household.
• Support local restaurants through take-out rather than in-person dining.
• Pivot high school classes to virtual learning until after winter break. Depending on their
circumstance, each district may choose to have middle school go virtual as well.
• Pause all extracurricular activities or conduct them remotely as feasible. In the event these activities cannot be paused or done remotely, limit spectators to parents/guardians/siblings until after winter break.
• Encourage employees to work from home whenever possible.
• Encourage businesses and establishments to offer curbside and contactless options.
• Reward businesses committed to COVID-prevention practices with your shopping dollars.