REAL Services is dedicated to helping elderly and low-income people become and stay independent for life. If you or someone you love needs help during the COVID-19 pandemic, call REAL Services at 574-233-8205.
Annual caregivers and support organizations will soon be honored at REAL Services’ annual Age of Excellence luncheon.
The 25th annual event will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 5, at the Century Center in downtown South Bend.
This year’s Age of Excellence luncheon will feature guest speaker Rocky Bleier, a former football player for the University of Notre Dame and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The event will also be a celebration of REAL Services 55th year serving the community.
The event recognizes and honors local caregivers, agencies, and organizations with awards. Nominees for the awards must live or work in one of the Indiana counties served by REAL Services: Elkhart, Fulton, LaPorte, Kosciusko, Marshall, or St. Joseph.
2021 Award Categories
- Business of the Year Award: A business that displays a strong commitment to the elderly.
- Family Caregiver of the Year Award: A family member who unselfishly provides care and support to someone who is 60 years of age or older.
- The Wyatt Mick Volunteer of the Year Award: An individual, 60 years of age or older, who has displayed a commitment to volunteerism in service to the elderly.
- Professional of the Year Award: A professional who has demonstrated dedicated service to older adults. (ex: nurse, police officer, home health aide, doctor, etc.)
- The Les Fox Hoosier Lifetime Award: An individual, 60 years of age or older, who has demonstrated a lifetime of service to his or her community (paid or unpaid).
- Agency/Program Serving Low-Income of the Year Award: An agency/program that is committed to providing outstanding service to low-income persons while supporting independence.
- Change Agent of the Year Award: An individual who made a difference in the lives of low-income populations.
- Sgt. Shriver Lifetime Achievement Award: A person who has spent the majority of their life in service to low-income populations.
Register online at REAL Services’ website to attend the luncheon. The cost to attend is $50 per person, or $400 for a table of eight. For more information, email REAL Services at email@example.com.